* monospace (=) and quotes not getting along
@ 2011-08-25 22:02 Michael Hannon
From: Michael Hannon @ 2011-08-25 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode List

Greetings.  I have another dumb question related to HTML export.  In the
document I'm revising I have some R code and some references to R variables.
I'd like the R code and variables to appear in monospaced font.  This seems
easy enough.  Here's an example that works as I want it to work:

    To define =my_foobar= in this model, we issue the command:

        => my_foobar = dataset$foobar=

I've got a whole series of similar expressions, and they mostly do work, but
here's one that doesn't:

    To define =my_frabbitz= in this model, we issue the command:

        => my_frabbitz = "someRandomWord"=

The "my_frabbitz" in the sentence comes out in monospace, but the R code
doesn't.  It seems that the quotation marks are killing the process.

I've tried a number of stupid quoting tricks, such as using:

    ...\"someRandomWord\"=
    ...""someRandomWord""=

etc., but they typically make things worse.

BTW, using the begin/end_example construct does more or less what I want, but
it breaks the flow of the document, and there are many places in the document
where the =...= construct works just fine and gives the look I need.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-- Mike

* Re: monospace (=) and quotes not getting along
@ 2011-08-25 23:45 ` Michael Gauland
From: Michael Gauland @ 2011-08-25 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Michael Hannon <jm_hannon <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> To define =my_frabbitz= in this model, we issue the command:
>    => my_frabbitz = "someRandomWord"=
> The "my_frabbitz" in the sentence comes out in monospace, but the
> R codedoesn't.  It seems that the quotation marks are killing the process.

I don't remember why this happens, but I've dealt with it by inserting a null
between the quote and the equals. I use export hooks to remove the null from the
exported HTML and LaTeX files:

(add-hook 'org-export-latex-final-hook
	  (lambda ()
	    (goto-char (point-min))
	    (while (re-search-forward "^@" nil t)
	      (replace-match "")
	      )
	    )
	  )
(add-hook 'org-export-html-final-hook
	  (lambda ()
	    (goto-char (point-min))
	    (while (re-search-forward "^@" nil t)
	      (replace-match "")
	      )
	    )
	  )

--(a different) Mike

* Re: monospace (=) and quotes not getting along
@ 2011-08-26  3:53   ` Michael Hannon
From: Michael Hannon @ 2011-08-26  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Gauland, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org