* Sticky agenda status?
@ 2012-04-13  0:59 Kyle Machulis
From: Kyle Machulis @ 2012-04-13  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Just curious if the sticky agenda branch is going to land as a feature
at some point, or if there was some discussion on what's blocking it
that I'm missing? There was lots of action last month then silence,
and it looks like the branch has bitrotted against the trunk now. Was
kinda looking forward to it as a feature. :)

* Re: Sticky agenda status?
@ 2012-04-13  4:54 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-13  4:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Machulis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Kyle,

Kyle Machulis <kyle@nonpolynomial.com> writes:

> Just curious if the sticky agenda branch is going to land as a feature
> at some point, or if there was some discussion on what's blocking it
> that I'm missing? There was lots of action last month then silence,
> and it looks like the branch has bitrotted against the trunk now. Was
> kinda looking forward to it as a feature. :)

I tried to merge the sticky-agenda branch but there is one merge
conflict and I have no time to solve it right now.

Max, Carsten, please go ahead with the merge against master when you
think it's time: from what I've tested, the feature is stable/mature
enough.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Sticky agenda status?
@ 2012-04-13 13:15   ` Max Mikhanosha
From: Max Mikhanosha @ 2012-04-13 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Fri, 13 Apr 2012 06:54:30 +0200,
Bastien wrote:

> Max, Carsten, please go ahead with the merge against master when you
> think it's time: from what I've tested, the feature is stable/mature
> enough.

I'll update it to master later today, and use it a over the weekend to
see if anything broke, then will commit to master Monday

Regards,
  Max

* Re: Sticky agenda status?
@ 2012-04-13 22:56 ` Max Mikhanosha
From: Max Mikhanosha @ 2012-04-13 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Machulis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

At Fri, 13 Apr 2012 08:59:37 +0800,
Kyle Machulis wrote:

> Just curious if the sticky agenda branch is going to land as a feature
> at some point, or if there was some discussion on what's blocking it
> that I'm missing? There was lots of action last month then silence,
> and it looks like the branch has bitrotted against the trunk now. Was
> kinda looking forward to it as a feature. :)

I had merged origin/master into max-sticky-agenda, can you try it out
so that there is more then one person running it? If everything looks
good I'll push it to master on Monday.

So far I had one problem with babel, which appears unrelated to sticky
changes, as org-babel-header-arg-expand seems to be made it into
default value of org-tab-first-hook, and right that function throws
some weird error inside of it.

I simply added

(remove-hook 'org-tab-first-hook 'org-babel-header-arg-expand)

to my org mode initialization.

Regards,
  Max

* Re: Sticky agenda status?
@ 2012-04-15  5:14   ` Kyle Machulis
From: Kyle Machulis @ 2012-04-15  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Machulis, emacs-orgmode, max

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Max Mikhanosha <max@openchat.com> wrote:
> I had merged origin/master into max-sticky-agenda, can you try it out
> so that there is more then one person running it? If everything looks
> good I'll push it to master on Monday.

I'm running it now, seems to be working well.

> So far I had one problem with babel, which appears unrelated to sticky
> changes, as org-babel-header-arg-expand seems to be made it into
> default value of org-tab-first-hook, and right that function throws
> some weird error inside of it.

I don't really use babel much, so I'm no good to repro that, but
everything else seems fine thus far.

* Re: Sticky agenda status?
@ 2012-04-15 13:37     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-04-15 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kyle Machulis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Kyle Machulis <kyle@nonpolynomial.com> wrote:

> > So far I had one problem with babel, which appears unrelated to sticky
> > changes, as org-babel-header-arg-expand seems to be made it into
> > default value of org-tab-first-hook, and right that function throws
> > some weird error inside of it.
>
> I don't really use babel much, so I'm no good to repro that, but
> everything else seems fine thus far.

Eric S. fixed that problem yesterday with commit

   bc47329 safer equality test in org-babel-header-arg-expand

Nick