* latex include file
@ 2012-11-22 19:06 Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2012-11-22 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out how to export a latex file while suppressing the
\begin{document} \end{document} and all the other frontmatter stuff.

In essence, I would like to create a .tex file that will be included in
another latex file. More specifically, I want the exported file to look
something like

\section{xxxx}

BLAH BLAH

\begin{equation}

E=MC^2
\end{equation}

I have created a costume org-export-latex-classes to suppress packages, but
I am stuck with the other front matter stuff.

Best Wishes

* Re: latex include file
@ 2012-11-22 19:37 ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2012-11-22 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 02:06:03PM -0500, Marvin Doyley wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to figure out how to export a latex file while suppressing the
> \begin{document} \end{document} and all the other frontmatter stuff.
>
> In essence, I would like to create a .tex file that will be included in
> another latex file. More specifically, I want the exported file to look
> something like
>
> \section{xxxx}
>
> BLAH BLAH
>
> \begin{equation}
>
> E=MC^2
> \end{equation}
>
> I have created a costume org-export-latex-classes to suppress packages, but
> I am stuck with the other front matter stuff.

Have you tried the "Body only" option in the new exporter?

--
Suvayu

* Re: latex include file
@ 2012-11-22 20:30 ` Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2012-11-22 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I haven't tried this, I will upgrade to the latest version of org and
try. How do I tell org only to export the body ?

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 22, 2012, at 2:06 PM, Marvin Doyley <marvinpas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to figure out how to export a latex file while suppressing the \begin{document} \end{document} and all the other frontmatter stuff.
>
> In essence, I would like to create a .tex file that will be included in another latex file. More specifically, I want the exported file to look something like
>
> \section{xxxx}
>
> BLAH BLAH
>
> \begin{equation}
>
> E=MC^2
> \end{equation}
>
> I have created a costume org-export-latex-classes to suppress packages, but I am stuck with the other front matter stuff.
>
> Best Wishes

* Re: latex include file
@ 2012-11-22 22:15   ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2012-11-22 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 03:30:54PM -0500, Marvin Doyley wrote:
> I haven't tried this, I will upgrade to the latest version of org and
> try. How do I tell org only to export the body ?

When you use the new exporter, this is an option in the export dispatch
menu.  To try it out, install the latest Org release and do:

 (require org-e-latex)

Then you can access the new dispatch menu do:

  M-x org-export-dispatch RET

Hope this helps.

--
Suvayu