* [new exporter] no caption and no label in tables exported to LaTeX
@ 2012-07-18  9:25 Thomas Holst
From: Thomas Holst @ 2012-07-18  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

still I am testing the new exporter.

Labels and captions are not exported to LaTeX.

ECM:
#+BEGIN_SRC org
  * Captions for Tables
    #+CAPTION: A Caption for Testing
    #+LABEL: tbl:Label
    #+ATTR_LaTeX: placement=[H]

    | one | two | three |
    |-----+-----+-------|
    |   1 |   2 |     3 |
    |   2 |   4 |     6 |
#+END_SRC

With old exporter this becomes

#+BEGIN_SRC latex
  \begin{table}[H]
  \caption{A Caption for Testing} \label{tbl:Label}
  \begin{center}
  \begin{tabular}{rrr}
   one  &  two  &  three  \\
  \hline
     1  &    2  &      3  \\
     2  &    4  &      6  \\
  \end{tabular}
  \end{center}
  \end{table}
#+END_SRC

in LaTeX. Wheras with the new exporter I get:
#+BEGIN_SRC latex
  \begin{center}
  \begin{tabular}{rrr}
  one & two & three\\
  \hline
  1 & 2 & 3\\
  2 & 4 & 6\\
  \end{tabular}
  \end{center}
#+END_SRC

Images are exported correctly.

This is with
(emacs-version)
"GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-09-19 on 3249CTO"

(org-version)
Org-mode version 7.8.11
(release_7.8.11-201-g528b17
 @ c:/daten/users/de_hts2fe/git/org-mode/lisp/)

P.S. Thanks to Nicolas for fixing the bug with two backslashes. I can
confirm it works with org-version above.

--
Bis neulich ...
  Thomas

* Re: [new exporter] no caption and no label in tables exported to LaTeX
@ 2012-07-18  9:35 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-07-18  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Holst; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com> writes:

> Labels and captions are not exported to LaTeX.
>
> ECM:
> #+BEGIN_SRC org
>   * Captions for Tables
>     #+CAPTION: A Caption for Testing
>     #+LABEL: tbl:Label
>     #+ATTR_LaTeX: placement=[H]
>
>     | one | two | three |
>     |-----+-----+-------|
>     |   1 |   2 |     3 |
>     |   2 |   4 |     6 |
> #+END_SRC

This is because affiliated keywords must be attached to the element they
refer to.  In other words, there mustn't be a blank link between
#+ATTR_LATEX and the beginning of the table.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [new exporter] no caption and no label in tables exported to LaTeX
@ 2012-07-18  9:45   ` Thomas Holst
From: Thomas Holst @ 2012-07-18  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Holst Thomas (DGS-EC/ESE4), emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Nicolas,

· Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com> writes:
>
>> Labels and captions are not exported to LaTeX.
>>
>> ECM:
>> #+BEGIN_SRC org
>>   * Captions for Tables
>>     #+CAPTION: A Caption for Testing
>>     #+LABEL: tbl:Label
>>     #+ATTR_LaTeX: placement=[H]
>>
>>     | one | two | three |
>>     |-----+-----+-------|
>>     |   1 |   2 |     3 |
>>     |   2 |   4 |     6 |
>> #+END_SRC
>
> This is because affiliated keywords must be attached to the element they
> refer to.  In other words, there mustn't be a blank link between
> #+ATTR_LATEX and the beginning of the table.

Thanks for explaining and sorry for the noise. I just let the new
exporter run over various or my org files and noticed the difference.

--
Bis neulich ...
  Thomas