From: "Göktuğ Kayaalp" <self@gkayaalp.com>
To: Tor <crunchying@protonmail.com>
Cc: "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: `fill-paragraph' on headings
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 19:33:48 +0300	[thread overview]

On 2017-10-26 09:50 +01, Eric S Fraga <esflists@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 25 Oct 2017 at 14:03, Tor wrote:
>> this is a feature request for having the ability to use
>> `fill-paragraph' on headings.  An example from Emacs news:
>
> Semantically, this makes no sense?  How would org know that the line
> that follows a headline is part of the headline or not part of the
> headline?

Sometimes the headline can get too long, and it may be nice to be able
to hard-wrap it.  I believe it'd be possible to use the double-backslash
syntax for marking continuation lines:

    * Nullam eu ante vel est convallis dignissim.  Fusce suscipit, wisi\\
      nec facilisis facilisis, est dui fermentum leo, quis tempor ligula\\
      erat quis odio.
    Nunc porta vulputate tellus.  Nunc rutrum turpis sed pede.

though using word-wrapping to similar effect would probably be
better. (FWIW I'm the one who suggested this on the reddit thread too).

Best.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp	<http://www.gkayaalp.com/>
			 024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC