* Question About Low Level Issues To Fix
@ 2022-03-16 17:07 Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2022-03-16 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Berry

Hey there,

So I received SourceHut access which is awesome. I took a look at the Git repo last weekend, and boy was I impressed by the team who works on Org Mode.

One day, I hope to get half of the credentials for most of the people listed there :)

On a related note, I took a look at what's present, but was kind of lost in terms of what to necessarily fix.

I saw the general TODO list present, but wasn't sure if there are any low level issues that should be looked at.

Or should I primarily focus on what's been reported directly on the Source Hut repo itself?

Asking because its been a while since I contributed efforts to open source stuff, and didn't know the best workflow of how to approach this.

Excited to help out though :)

Thanks,

Sam

* Re: Question About Low Level Issues To Fix
@ 2022-03-16 17:32 ` Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2022-03-16 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Samuel,

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 01:07:48PM -0400, Samuel Banya wrote:
> On a related note, I took a look at what's present, but was kind of
> lost in terms of what to necessarily fix.
>
> I saw the general TODO list present, but wasn't sure if there are
> any low level issues that should be looked at.
>
> Or should I primarily focus on what's been reported directly on the
> Source Hut repo itself?

Have you tried starting at https://updates.orgmode.org/#bugs

Also: https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

I believe the main git is on GNU Savannah, however many of the devs
use Sourcehut.

* Re: Question About Low Level Issues To Fix
@ 2022-03-17 13:06   ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2022-03-17 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 17/03/2022 00:32, Russell Adams wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 01:07:48PM -0400, Samuel Banya wrote:
>> On a related note, I took a look at what's present, but was kind of
>> lost in terms of what to necessarily fix.
>>
>> I saw the general TODO list present, but wasn't sure if there are
>> any low level issues that should be looked at.
>>
>> Or should I primarily focus on what's been reported directly on the
>> Source Hut repo itself?
>
> I believe the main git is on GNU Savannah, however many of the devs
> use Sourcehut.

I guess, Samuel is asking about worg.

Samuel, I think, the core developers and maintainers of Org are
currently rather busy with activities unrelated to Org, so it is
unlikely that you will get some list of tasks.

On this mail list there were at least two or three requests during last
couple of weeks to update some outdated links.

Perhaps you faced some inaccuracies in the docs when you were trying
some new features and you have got more experience since that time.
Fixing them may improve experience of new users.