* LaTeX export of a file with some accented characters
@ 2022-03-15  3:28 Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2022-03-15  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have an org file with some names (not all) that have accented characters. But when I try to export, I get errors such as this:

Sāṅkr - 65190: word not found

What do I do to make Org export these correctly? Is there a way to make Org export even if it does not recognise the characters?

Vikas

* Re: LaTeX export of a file with some accented characters
@ 2022-03-15 20:23 ` Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2022-03-15 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vikas Rawal; +Cc: orgmode

Hi Vikas,

Vikas Rawal writes:

> I have an org file with some names (not all) that have accented
> characters. But when I try to export, I get errors such as this:
>
> Sāṅkr - 65190: word not found
>
> What do I do to make Org export these correctly? Is there a way to
> make Org export even if it does not recognise the characters?

Do you have flyspell-mode active? Sounds to me like that's a flyspell
error message, but it's weird anyway and I don't know how to fit it into
your export issue...

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

* Re: LaTeX export of a file with some accented characters
@ 2022-03-16 16:40 ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2022-03-16 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 15/03/2022 10:28, Vikas Rawal wrote:
> I have an org file with some names (not all) that have accented
> characters. But when I try to export, I get errors such as this:
>
> Sāṅkr - 65190: word not found
>
> What do I do to make Org export these correctly? Is there a way to
> make Org export even if it does not recognise the characters?

- Can you reproduce the problem with a file containing just a couple of
lines?
- What is the encoding of the file and of your locale?
- Do you have some hooks for spell checking installed?
- Does it happen during export to LaTeX file or to PDF? In the latter
case check "*Org PDF LaTeX Output*" (or similar) buffer or disable
`org-latex-remove-logfiles' and inspect the .log file for errors.
"*Messages*" buffer contains something like "PDF file produced with
errors." (or "with warnings").