* scheduled task without headline?
@ 2016-02-22 20:09 hymie!
From: hymie! @ 2016-02-22 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Greetings.

I've got my notes organized mostly like this:
* major task
  - note
  - note
  - note
** minor task
   - note
   - note
** minor task
   - note
   - note

Now I have a "note" that I need to attach a "schedule" to (something I
have to do tomorrow).  However, when I try to do something like this:

  - TODO note
  SCHEDULED <2016-02-23 Tue>

the agenda shows me the nearest headline
  Scheduled: minor task

I'd really like to have my specific "note" listed in the agenda, but
what I need to do is so minor that I don't want it to have a "headline"
in my notes.  Is this possible?

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    hymie@lactose.homelinux.net

* Re: scheduled task without headline?
@ 2016-02-23 16:51 ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2016-02-23 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hymie! <hymie@lactose.homelinux.net> writes:

> Greetings.
>
> I've got my notes organized mostly like this:
> * major task
>   - note
>   - note
>   - note
> ** minor task
>    - note
>    - note
> ** minor task
>    - note
>    - note
>
> Now I have a "note" that I need to attach a "schedule" to (something I
> have to do tomorrow).  However, when I try to do something like this:
>
>   - TODO note
>   SCHEDULED <2016-02-23 Tue>
>
> the agenda shows me the nearest headline
>   Scheduled: minor task
>
> I'd really like to have my specific "note" listed in the agenda, but
> what I need to do is so minor that I don't want it to have a "headline"
> in my notes.  Is this possible?

AFAIK no.

You can have a task with check boxes: - [ ].

Rasmus

--
Vote for Dick Taid in an election near you!

* Re: scheduled task without headline?
@ 2016-02-23 20:54 ` Michael Strey
From: Michael Strey @ 2016-02-23 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hymie!; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mo, 2016-02-22 at 21:09, hymie! wrote:

> I'd really like to have my specific "note" listed in the agenda, but
> what I need to do is so minor that I don't want it to have a "headline"
> in my notes.  Is this possible?

Have you already checked the so called inline tasks?

C-h f org-inlinetask-insert-task

Best regards
--
Michael Strey
http://www.strey.biz * https://twitter.com/michaelstrey

* Re: scheduled task without headline?
@ 2016-03-01 18:02   ` hymie!
From: hymie! @ 2016-03-01 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

  Michael Strey <mstrey@strey.biz>, who said:
> On Mo, 2016-02-22 at 21:09, hymie! wrote:
>
>> I'd really like to have my specific "note" listed in the agenda, but
>> what I need to do is so minor that I don't want it to have a "headline"
>> in my notes.  Is this possible?
>
> Have you already checked the so called inline tasks?
>
> C-h f org-inlinetask-insert-task
>
> Best regards

Ooh. I think that's exactly what i need.  Thanks!

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    hymie@lactose.homelinux.net