From: Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Overlining troubles
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 19:05:01 +0700	[thread overview]

On 19/09/2021 00:51, Ypo wrote:

> I use orgmode to read and study directly but I am not able to set up
> LaTeX preview. So I need something "direct", but I can't renounce to
> exporting it.

For some letters accented characters exist: "ā".

Inline LaTeX preview just works for me (Linux), so I can suggest nothing
besides to check "*Org Preview LaTeX Output*" buffer for errors.

> El 18/09/2021 a las 19:32, Timothy escribió:
>>
>> If you’re thinking of maths, why not just write inline LaTeX, e.g.
>> \(\bar{x}\) ?

I think, you should follow this recomendations. Typography rules for
math expressions substantially differ from ones for prose (italic font
for variables, LaTeX cares concerning proper spaces, etc.).

When I was writing docs containing math, I had PDF (earlier DVI or PS)
viewer window open along with LaTeX sources, so I could read formatted
text. Anyway that time math in WYSIWYG was rather ugly (maybe besides
texmacs), required heavy mouse work, and such editors had various
problems with more or less complex documents that were easier for me to
solve in LaTeX. That is why I never had expectation that source document
should look like formatted one. Editing of sufficiently complex
equations in LaTeX is not always convenient though.