* crossing out done items
@ 2008-11-12 16:15 sergio
From: sergio @ 2008-11-12 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

i have JUST switched over from planner-el, and i am thinking that i
REALLY like it..

the thing that i kinda miss is how planner-el would cross out and dim
todo items that were done. i really liked that..

maybe i just gotta get used to not having it..

but i was wondering if anyone else liked that and did something in org-
mode that simulates it.

thanks!

___
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary
www.village-buzz.com

* Re: crossing out done items
@ 2008-11-12 16:43 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2008-11-12 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi sergio,

just move point on the 'DONE' and do a

M-x customize-face RET

emacs offers you a 'org-done'. Type RET again and adjust to your needs.

You may also adjust the face for the rest of the headline
(org-headline-done).

Best,

  Sebastian

sergio <sergio@village-buzz.com> writes:
> i have JUST switched over from planner-el, and i am thinking that i REALLY like
> it..
>
> the thing that i kinda miss is how planner-el would cross out and dim todo items
> that were done. i really liked that..
>
> maybe i just gotta get used to not having it..
>
> but i was wondering if anyone else liked that and did something in org-
> mode that simulates it.
>
> thanks!
>

> ___
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
> www.village-buzz.com

Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover

Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Email: s.rose emma-stil de, sebastian_rose gmx de
Http:  www.emma-stil.de

* Re: crossing out done items
@ 2008-11-12 16:46 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-11-12 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

sergio <sergio@village-buzz.com> writes:

> i have JUST switched over from planner-el, and i am thinking that i
> REALLY like it..
>
> the thing that i kinda miss is how planner-el would cross out and dim
> todo items that were done. i really liked that..
>
> maybe i just gotta get used to not having it..
>
> but i was wondering if anyone else liked that and did something in
> org-
> mode that simulates it.

I don't think you're going to get support for the overstrike font
(insanity) in org :)

I personally find that colouring the keywords is sufficient.  Check out
org-todo-keyword-faces.

I too am a planner convert (but I moved to org years ago).  I don't miss
the overstrike stuff at all :)

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: crossing out done items
@ 2008-11-12 16:55   ` sergio
From: sergio @ 2008-11-12 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Rose; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> just move point on the 'DONE' and do a
>
> M-x customize-face RET

got it..

this works perfectly..

thanks!

___

@ 2008-11-12 16:57   ` sergio
From: sergio @ 2008-11-12 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> I personally find that colouring the keywords is sufficient.  Check
> out
> org-todo-keyword-faces.

hi bernt..

unfortunately, i am colorblind...

so fiddling with colors is still really hard for me to differentiate..

a cross out is easy for me to see..

> I too am a planner convert (but I moved to org years ago).  I don't
> miss
> the overstrike stuff at all :)

i REALLY like org so far..

thanks!

___
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary
www.village-buzz.com

* Re: Re: crossing out done items
@ 2008-11-12 17:44     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-11-12 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Nov 12, 2008, at 5:57 PM, sergio wrote:

>> I personally find that colouring the keywords is sufficient.  Check
>> out
>> org-todo-keyword-faces.
>>

> hi bernt..
>
> unfortunately, i am colorblind...

I must admit, this is the first really good argument
I hear for using a strikethrough font.... :-)

- Carsten

> so fiddling with colors is still really hard for me to differentiate..
>
> a cross out is easy for me to see..
>

>> I too am a planner convert (but I moved to org years ago).  I don't
>> miss
>> the overstrike stuff at all :)
>

> i REALLY like org so far..
>
> thanks!
>

> ___
> peace,
> sergio
> photographer, journalist, visionary
> www.village-buzz.com

* Re: crossing out done items
@ 2008-11-13 15:08       ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2008-11-13 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

CD> I must admit, this is the first really good argument
CD> I hear for using a strikethrough font.... :-)

A really really really dim font would probably be pretty good too,
though, I'd think.  Something close to the background (similar to how
the initial stars are mostly hidden by probably most users).