* org-mode and erc
@ 2007-09-30  0:39 Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2007-09-30  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

Is there a customisation somewhere to support adding links to ERC buffers?

* Re: org-mode and erc
@ 2007-10-01 17:00 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-10-01 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:

> Is there a customisation somewhere to support adding links to ERC
> buffers?

What would be the expected behavior when opening such links? Opening the
ERC with the right server/channel information?

--
Bastien

* Re: org-mode and erc
@ 2007-10-01 17:52   ` Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2007-10-01 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Is there a customisation somewhere to support adding links to ERC
>> buffers?
>
> What would be the expected behavior when opening such links? Opening the
> ERC with the right server/channel information?

Yes. I have no idea if you can store user name at least in this
instance. Is the user name stored per buffer? I don't know. Sorry. I
know planner had links to erc buffers.

* Re: org-mode and erc
@ 2007-10-01 18:36 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-10-01 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard G Riley; +Cc: org-mode

On Sep 30, 2007, at 2:39, Richard G Riley wrote:

> Is there a customisation somewhere to support adding links to ERC
> buffers?

Not yet, but you are welcome to write one.  The appendix of the manual
shows how (Adding link types...), and I think planner.el has erc links,
so you could study how they do it and port this to org-mode, writing
org-erc.el.

- Carsten

* Re: org-mode and erc
@ 2007-10-02  1:41   ` Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2007-10-02  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: org-mode, Richard G Riley

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> On Sep 30, 2007, at 2:39, Richard G Riley wrote:
>

>> Is there a customisation somewhere to support adding links to ERC
>> buffers?
>
> Not yet, but you are welcome to write one.  The appendix of the manual
> shows how (Adding link types...), and I think planner.el has erc links,
> so you could study how they do it and port this to org-mode, writing
> org-erc.el.
>
> - Carsten

Thanks, but it really was only a question :-;