* specify different agenda item colors for different custom agenda views
@ 2017-12-19 13:32 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2017-12-19 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I cannot seem to find a way how to customise colors in custom org agenda blocks.
I have 2 agenda views, both drawing from different set of org files.
I would like to have different org-agenda-done faces for the 2 views.

Can anyone give me a hint please.

Thank you.
Regards, Rainer

* Re: specify different agenda item colors for different custom agenda views
@ 2018-01-02 11:03 ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2018-01-02 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Am 19.12.2017 um 14:32 schrieb Rainer Stengele:
> Hi all,
>
> I cannot seem to find a way how to customise colors in custom org agenda blocks.
> I have 2 agenda views, both drawing from different set of org files.
> I would like to have different org-agenda-done faces for the 2 views.
>
> Can anyone give me a hint please.
>
> Thank you.
> Regards, Rainer

These posts which stay unanswered - either they are too stupid or too complicated?!
Anybody an idea, a hint?

@ 2018-01-02 11:26   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2018-01-02 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:

> These posts which stay unanswered - either they are too stupid or too
> complicated?!

AFAIC, questions about the Agenda tend to belong to the second category.

> Anybody an idea, a hint?

It may help to know what you have tried so far. For example, how is your
block configuration, including the settings part (see
`org-agenda-custom-commands' docstring)?

Note that it might not be possible to achieve what you want.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: specify different agenda item colors for different custom agenda views
@ 2018-01-03  7:30     ` Adam Porter
From: Adam Porter @ 2018-01-03  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:
>
>> These posts which stay unanswered - either they are too stupid or too
>> complicated?!
>
> AFAIC, questions about the Agenda tend to belong to the second
> category.

Indeed!  :)

>> Anybody an idea, a hint?
>
> It may help to know what you have tried so far. For example, how is your
> block configuration, including the settings part (see
> `org-agenda-custom-commands' docstring)?
>
> Note that it might not be possible to achieve what you want.

Probably the way to do it would be to wrap the agenda code which
operates on certain files, and let-bind the org-agenda-done face around
that code depending on which file it is.  That would probably require
copying the function in question and overriding it with advice.
Certainly doable (on first glance, anyway), but not easy for someone
unfamiliar with elisp or the agenda code.

I would guess that a more general solution, which could bind certain
variables to certain values depending on which file the agenda is being
constructed from, could be useful in other ways as well.  It might be
possible to integrate this with org-agenda-custom-commands, or in a
customizeable variable mapping files to lists of variables, to make it
fairly straightforward to use.