* Possible to both clock into :CLOCK: and put notes in :LOGBOOK: ?
@ 2013-02-25 14:04 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2013-02-25 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Platform:
 GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600) of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1
 Org-mode version 7.9.1 (release_7.9.1-321-g9ebf47.dirty-git @ c:/Users/steinarb/Documents/git/org-mode/lisp/)

I have org-clock-into-drawer set to "CLOCK".

The idea is to put clocking info in the :CLOCK: drawer to avoid clutter,
and this works.

But if I have this setting then notes created with `C-c C-z' end up on
the top level, even if I manually create a :LOGBOOK: drawer.

Is it possible to have both?

Ie. for a particular node, both:
 - Put clocking into the :CLOCK: drawer
 - Put notes into the :LOGBOOK: drawer (if there is one)

* Re: Possible to both clock into :CLOCK: and put notes in :LOGBOOK: ?
@ 2013-02-25 17:59 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-02-25 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Steinar Bang writes:
> But if I have this setting then notes created with `C-c C-z' end up on
> the top level, even if I manually create a :LOGBOOK: drawer.
>
> Is it possible to have both?

Unless it's been broken recently it should, but you probably need to
customize org-log-into-drawer to "t" (for LOGBOOK) or set the property
LOG_INTO_DRAWER if you want to keep this setting different in different
subtrees.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Possible to both clock into :CLOCK: and put notes in :LOGBOOK: ?
@ 2013-02-26  9:02   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2013-02-26  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Steinar Bang writes:

>> But if I have this setting then notes created with `C-c C-z' end up on
>> the top level, even if I manually create a :LOGBOOK: drawer.
>>
>> Is it possible to have both?

> Unless it's been broken recently it should, but you probably need to
> customize org-log-into-drawer to "t" (for LOGBOOK) or set the property
> LOG_INTO_DRAWER if you want to keep this setting different in
> different subtrees.

I examined org-log-drawer with
 C-h v org-log-drawer RET
and it had the value of `nil'.

I customized by selecting LOGBOOK (ie. `t') from the value menu, and now
notes end up in the :LOGBOOK: drawer in the same nodes where clocking
info ends up in the :CLOCK: drawer.

Thanks!