* [BUG] Unsolicited download of remote resources
@ 2024-02-02 16:57 Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2024-02-02 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Org git main HEAD, try to open the following file:

--- 8< ---
#+setupfile: http://localhost:8000/setup-1234567890.org

test
--- >8 ---

I am trying to decline attempts to download the remote resource by
hitting "n" (skip), but Org still tries to fetch that file and does it
twice. I see in the *Messages*

Please type y, n, d, or !: n
Contacting host: localhost:8000
Org couldn’t download "http://localhost:8000/setup-1234567890.org":
file-error ("make client process failed" "Connection refused" :name
"localhost" :buffer #<killed buffer> :host "localhost" :service 8000
:nowait nil :tls-parameters nil :coding nil)

Please type y, n, d, or !: n
Contacting host: localhost:8000
Org couldn’t download "http://localhost:8000/setup-1234567890.org":
file-error ("make client process failed" "Connection refused" :name
"localhost" :buffer #<killed buffer> :host "localhost" :service 8000
:nowait nil :tls-parameters nil :coding nil)

 From my point of view Org should not do it. Assume it is not a file I
created myself, but it is downloaded from some web server or received in
a e-mail message.