* access to specific instance(s) of past recurring event(s)
@ 2022-09-25 12:16 Saša Janiška
From: Saša Janiška @ 2022-09-25 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I do use org-mode for many things, but for the task management itself
was still depending on Taskwarrior despite its poor support for
recurring events.

However, after settling to more Emacs-powered packages, I'd like to
replace Taskwarrior with org-mode...

One useful feature of Taskwarrior is that if I have e.g recurring weekly
task "upload meeting's recording" and, due to various reasons, I'm
simply behind my schedule, I can access **any** of the missed events and
not just the oldest one as it seems to be with org-mode.

When looking for some solution I've stumbled upon this (old) post
https://karl-voit.at/2017/01/15/org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift/ which
utilizes *org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift*.

Now I wonder if there is some other/better solution that has possibly
popped up in the meantime?

Sincerely,
Saša

--
A person is said to be elevated in yoga when, having renounced
all material desires, he neither acts for sense gratification

* Re: access to specific instance(s) of past recurring event(s)
@ 2022-09-25 14:25 Mark Barton
From: Mark Barton @ 2022-09-25 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saša Janiška; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> On Sep 25, 2022, at 5:44 AM, Saša Janiška <sjaniska@atmarama.net> wrote:
>
> When looking for some solution I've stumbled upon this (old) post https://karl-voit.at/2017/01/15/org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift/ which utilizes *org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift*.

I also use this method for some of my reoccurring events. I usually create a year's worth of clones and then a task to clone more for next year. It is nice to be able to remove/adjust some of the subtree entries to accommodate holidays.

When I don't use this method for a reoccurring event then I usually just schedule a repeating task and then have my notes in that task to record what happened each time.

Mark