* org-store-link question
@ 2021-11-03 20:07 John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2021-11-03 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

In a basically vanilla emacs, if I have a target like <<test>> with my
point on it, and I run org-store-link (via C-c l), and then somewhere else
do org-isnert-link (via C-c C-l) I get a link like

[[file:~/s/f.org::test]]

If I define a link now like this:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(org-link-set-parameters "jump"
:store (lambda ()
 (org-link-store-props
  :type "jump"
  :link (format "jump:%s::%s"
(buffer-file-name)
(line-number-at-pos)))))
#+END_SRC

and do that again, all I can insert with C-c C-l is something like:

[[jump:~/s/f.org::9]]

and the file link is not an option anymore. Should the file link still be
there?

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

* Re: org-store-link question
@ 2021-11-04 16:58 ` Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2021-11-04 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 04/11/2021 03:07, John Kitchin wrote:
> In a basically vanilla emacs, if I have a target like <<test>> with my
> point on it, and I run org-store-link (via C-c l), and then somewhere
> else do org-isnert-link (via C-c C-l) I get a link like
>
> [[file:~/s/f.org::test]]
>
> If I define a link now like this:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (org-link-set-parameters "jump"
> :store (lambda ()
>   (org-link-store-props
>    :type "jump"
>    :link (format "jump:%s::%s"
> (buffer-file-name)
> (line-number-at-pos)))))
> #+END_SRC
>
> and do that again, all I can insert with C-c C-l is something like:
>
> [[jump:~/s/f.org::9]]
>
> and the file link is not an option anymore. Should the file link still
> be there?

It seems `org-store-link' is designed to store a single link. You can
make :store for "jump" links more selective by returning nil in some
cases or to hit C-u C-u before `org-store-link' to bypass custom :store
functions.

P.S. There is a piece of code to store #CUSTOM_ID link in addition to
search heading link, but the latter part is broken, so if #CUSTOM_ID is
present, it is saved twice.