From: Rainer Thiel <r.thiel@uni-jena.de>
To: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: bug in org-table?
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:32:54 +0200	[thread overview]

2010/4/7 Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>:
> this works just fine for me.

Many thanks to Carsten and David for their responses.  I'am a bit at a
loss on where the problem may lay:  I have made a fresh installation
of Emacs 23.1 and org-mode 6.35f -- and nothing else.

The .emacs init file contains nothing else but:

-->
(require 'org-install)

<--

Yet, I am still experiencing the same problem:  When in the file:

-->
| Col1       | Col2      | Col3      |
|------------+-----------+-----------|
| long table entry | sh. t. e. | sh. t. e. |
| <10>       |           |           |

<--

the table is aligned properly (showing " long tab=> " in the first
column), and I move the mouse cursor over that field, what is shown in
the pop-up window is only "Clipped table field, use C-c ` to edit.
Full value is:" and an empty line.

Since I am running Emacs under Windows (Vista) I am wondering if in
programming this feature any assumptions might have been made about
the behaviour of the operating system, assumptions Windows might not
match?

Best regards, and many thanks for your help

Rainer
--
Prof. Dr. Rainer Thiel
Dekan Philosophische Fakultät