* ascii art in org mode buffer
@ 2006-11-28 18:47 J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2006-11-28 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been IRCing with someone that is trying to do ASCII art in an ORG mode
buffer, and the mode keeps turning his line drawing into tables. (Of course).

He was wondering if there is anyway to mark off a section of an org-mode file
so that it is left alone, and not processed as part of an org file.

I don't see anything like that in the docs.  Any ideas?

Dave

* Re: ascii art in org mode buffer
@ 2006-11-28 19:31 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-11-28 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. David Boyd; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

This is what "fixed-width" sections are fore, they not only don't
become tables, but they also ensure that export to html will use a
fixed-with font, so that the drawing is preserved.

Each line of a fixed-width section starts with a colon, like

:  |\   |
:  | \  |
:  |  \ |
:  |   \|

- Carsten

On Nov 28, 2006, at 19:47, J. David Boyd wrote:

> I've been IRCing with someone that is trying to do ASCII art in an ORG
> mode
> buffer, and the mode keeps turning his line drawing into tables. (Of
> course).
>
> He was wondering if there is anyway to mark off a section of an
> org-mode file
> so that it is left alone, and not processed as part of an org file.
>
> I don't see anything like that in the docs.  Any ideas?
>
> Dave

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: ascii art in org mode buffer
@ 2006-11-28 19:36   ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2006-11-28 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> This is what "fixed-width" sections are fore, they not only don't
> become tables, but they also ensure that export to html will use a
> fixed-with font, so that the drawing is preserved.
>
> Each line of a fixed-width section starts with a colon, like
>
> :  |\   |
> :  | \  |
> :  |  \ |
> :  |   \|
>
> - Carsten
>
> On Nov 28, 2006, at 19:47, J. David Boyd wrote:
>

>> I've been IRCing with someone that is trying to do ASCII art in an
>> ORG mode
>> buffer, and the mode keeps turning his line drawing into tables. (Of
>> course).
>>
>> He was wondering if there is anyway to mark off a section of an
>> org-mode file
>> so that it is left alone, and not processed as part of an org file.
>>
>> I don't see anything like that in the docs.  Any ideas?
>>
>> Dave

Thanks, I'll pass this on...

Dave