* blogger.com
@ 2008-02-19 10:56 Leo
From: Leo @ 2008-02-19 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear All,

Can I use org to blog to blogger.com?

Best,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

          Use the best OS -- http://www.fedoraproject.org/

* Re: blogger.com
@ 2008-03-13  1:31 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-03-13  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Leo,

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> Can I use org to blog to blogger.com?

Sorry to wake up this old question.

I use Org to send HTML posts to blogger via email.

I get the HTML code by exporting the region with `C-u C-c C-e R' -- this
exports just the content of the <body>...</body>, and this is enough for
the email I send to blogger.

HTH,

--
Bastien

* Re: blogger.com
@ 2008-03-13  2:47   ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2008-03-13  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Leo,
>
> Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Can I use org to blog to blogger.com?
>
> Sorry to wake up this old question.
>
> I use Org to send HTML posts to blogger via email.
>
> I get the HTML code by exporting the region with `C-u C-c C-e R' -- this
> exports just the content of the <body>...</body>, and this is enough for
> the email I send to blogger.

Does that get you the title on the blogger site?  I've been struggling
with weblogger.el and got it work.  But it does not put a title for
the blog post and I don't know how to fix that.

Can you please elaborate on how you post to blogger via html export?

sivaram

* Re: Re: blogger.com
@ 2008-03-13  3:00     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2008-03-13  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sivaram Neelakantan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

>> I get the HTML code by exporting the region with `C-u C-c C-e R' -- this
>> exports just the content of the <body>...</body>, and this is enough for
>> the email I send to blogger.
>
> Does that get you the title on the blogger site?  I've been struggling
> with weblogger.el and got it work.  But it does not put a title for
> the blog post and I don't know how to fix that.

As I blog thru email, the title of the blog entry is the subject of the
email I send to blogger.

> Can you please elaborate on how you post to blogger via html export?

I edit in org-mode, restrict the region to what I want to export, then
export this region by explicitely requiring the exported buffer to strip
the HTML header.   Then I simply copy this HTMLified text in the email I
send, with the subject as the title of the post.

All this relies on the fact that I use blogger thru email, so this is by
no mean a org2blogger gateway...  but blogging via email seems to be the
fastest way IMO.

--
Bastien