* agenda buffer cursor highlighting
@ 2006-11-15 17:07 Eddward DeVilla
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2006-11-15 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

  I have a little trouble with the agenda buffer global todo list.
The cursor is in the first column where the there is no text and the
closest text is the category which for me tends to be the same for
several contiguous lines.  Its hard for me to tell which item the
cursor is on.  If I use the mouse the entire line highlights nicely.
Is there a way to get this behavior for the line the cursor is on?  If
not, is there a way to make it so the cursor is in a column closer to
the actual headline text?  Is there some other keyboard based solution
that I'm missing?

Thanks,
Edd

* Re: agenda buffer cursor highlighting
@ 2006-11-15 18:21 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2006-11-15 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Eddward DeVilla" <eddward@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
>  I have a little trouble with the agenda buffer global todo list.
> The cursor is in the first column where the there is no text and the
> closest text is the category which for me tends to be the same for
> several contiguous lines.  Its hard for me to tell which item the
> cursor is on.  If I use the mouse the entire line highlights nicely.
> Is there a way to get this behavior for the line the cursor is on?  If
> not, is there a way to make it so the cursor is in a column closer to
> the actual headline text?  Is there some other keyboard based solution
> that I'm missing?
>
> Thanks,
> Edd

Check out hl-line-mode.  I've been using it for years, and it is great.  I
have it set to be a color just minutely different from my background, so it is
very un-obtrusive.

Dave

* Re: Re: agenda buffer cursor highlighting
@ 2006-11-15 18:57   ` Eddward DeVilla
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2006-11-15 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: J. David Boyd; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Looks like this will work.