* Regression: org-export-as-html failure
@ 2013-02-28 11:10 Steve Purcell
From: Steve Purcell @ 2013-02-28 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Using the org-mode included in Emacs HEAD as of yesterday, the following
content causes an error when exporting as html:

https://gist.github.com/purcell/5055957

Backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  string-match("\\([^\\\\]\\)\\([_^]\\)" nil)
  org-export-protect-sub-super(nil)
  org-export-normalize-links()
  org-export-preprocess-string(...)
  org-export-as-html(nil)
  call-interactively(org-export-as-html)

Export as iCal works fine. The list of bare http links seems to be the
problem, but until recently org-mode happily exported this content to
html.

-Steve

* Re: Regression: org-export-as-html failure
@ 2013-03-02 11:22 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-02 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Purcell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Steve,

Steve Purcell <steve@sanityinc.com> writes:

> Using the org-mode included in Emacs HEAD as of yesterday, the following
> content causes an error when exporting as html:

I cannot reproduce this with the current maint HEAD and emacs -Q.

Can you?  Let us know, thanks,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Regression: org-export-as-html failure
@ 2013-03-02 12:00   ` Steve Purcell
From: Steve Purcell @ 2013-03-02 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2 Mar 2013, at 11:22, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> I cannot reproduce this with the current maint HEAD and emacs -Q.
>
> Can you?  Let us know, thanks,

Well, I have a clean Emacs HEAD build as of the following commit, and it still fails with -Q:

Author: Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org>
Date:   Sat Mar 2 06:17:34 2013 -0500

    Auto-commit of generated files.

@ 2013-03-02 12:09     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-02 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Purcell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Steve,

Steve Purcell <steve@sanityinc.com> writes:

> On 2 Mar 2013, at 11:22, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
>>
>> I cannot reproduce this with the current maint HEAD and emacs -Q.
>>
>> Can you?  Let us know, thanks,
>

> Well, I have a clean Emacs HEAD build as of the following commit,
> and it still fails with -Q:

I meant the HEAD of the maint branch, from the Org-mode git
repository.

Does anyone with a local install of Org can reproduce this bug?

--
 Bastien

* Re: Regression: org-export-as-html failure
@ 2013-03-02 14:57       ` Steve Purcell
From: Steve Purcell @ 2013-03-02 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 2 Mar 2013, at 12:09, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> I meant the HEAD of the maint branch, from the Org-mode git
> repository.
>
> Does anyone with a local install of Org can reproduce this bug?

Ah, yes -- that seems to work better.

No backtrace, and just a small rendering quirk: the "_" in the bare URLs is escaped with a backslash in the resulting HTML.

That should be a trivial fix. :-)

Thanks,

@ 2013-03-02 15:08         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-02 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Purcell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Steve Purcell <steve@sanityinc.com> writes:

> No backtrace, and just a small rendering quirk: the "_" in the bare
> URLs is escaped with a backslash in the resulting HTML.
>
> That should be a trivial fix. :-)

Crossing fingers :)

--
 Bastien