* `org-next-link' skips links inside PROPERTIES drawer
@ 2020-01-17  0:25 Pedro Ribeiro Mendes Júnior
From: Pedro Ribeiro Mendes Júnior @ 2020-01-17  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am testing Emacs 28 (Org 9.3) from the Git repository and I have
noticed that, compared to version 26.3 (Org 9.1.9), `org-next-link'
function is skipping links located inside the PROPERTIES drawer.  (I
have not tested version 27.)  The same does not happen for the links
outsize drawers or links inside a drawer other than PROPERTIES one,
e.g., LOGBOOK drawer.

As an example, consider the Org file between "=============" lines
below.  Set the cursor at the beginning of the file.  Then call
`org-next-link'.

=============
* Heading
  :PROPERTIES:
  :MYLINK:   https://orgmode.org/
  :END:
  Another link: https://duckduckgo.com/
=============

I would expect `org-next-link' to find the link inside the drawer (i.e.,
https://orgmode.org/) as in version 26.3.  Instead, it goes directly to
the second link (i.e., https://duckduckgo.com/).

Let me know if this is an intentional behavior for newer versions of Org
mode.  If so, I think it could receive a customization option for this
behavior.

Bests,
Pedro R.M. Júnior

* `org-next-link' skips links inside PROPERTIES drawer
@ 2020-01-20 22:56 Pedro R.M. Júnior
From: Pedro R.M. Júnior @ 2020-01-20 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

The same happens with `org-previous-link'.