* Insert variable into tangled source code
@ 2013-08-06 13:43 Roland
From: Roland @ 2013-08-06 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

I use orgmode to write code in a IA language developped by the company I
work for. Everything was just nice when I attempted to insert in the source
code a value set up in my org buffer.

Here is the real situation :

#+TBLNAME: tab_x
| x | 1 |

#+begin_src own_lang :tangle ./tangle_file :var x=x[0,1]
TYPE OBJ;

    CONSTANTE
        var_x DOMAIN INTEGER DEFAULT $x
#+end_src

and I would except in tangle_file :
TYPE OBJ;

    CONSTANTE
        var_x DOMAIN INTEGER DEFAULT 1

But unfortunately, I get
TYPE OBJ;

    CONSTANTE
        var_x DOMAIN INTEGER DEFAULT $x

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Roland.

* Re: Insert variable into tangled source code
@ 2013-08-06 13:57 ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2013-08-06 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Roland wrote:
> I use orgmode to write code in a IA language developped by the company I
> work for. Everything was just nice when I attempted to insert in the source
> code a value set up in my org buffer.
>
> Here is the real situation :
>
> #+TBLNAME: tab_x
> | x | 1 |
> #+begin_src own_lang :tangle ./tangle_file :var x=x[0,1]
> TYPE OBJ;
>
>     CONSTANTE
>         var_x DOMAIN INTEGER DEFAULT $x
> #+end_src
>
> and I would except in tangle_file :
> TYPE OBJ;
>
>     CONSTANTE
>         var_x DOMAIN INTEGER DEFAULT 1
>
> But unfortunately, I get
> TYPE OBJ;
>
>     CONSTANTE
>         var_x DOMAIN INTEGER DEFAULT $x
>
> Any ideas???

First, x[0,1] can't be resolved (unlike tab_x[0,1]).

For the rest, I'd guess you must add the proper replacemen "method" for
`own_lang'. Is this the case?

I mean: depending on the Babel language, variables must or must not be
prefixed by a $ sign to be replaced in the code block. For example, in Emacs
Lisp, you won't prefix vars with $.

Maybe have a look at `sh' or `sql' Babel languages for inspiration.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Insert variable into tangled source code
@ 2013-08-06 14:40   ` Roland
From: Roland @ 2013-08-06 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@...> writes:

> First, x[0,1] can't be resolved (unlike tab_x[0,1]).
>
> For the rest, I'd guess you must add the proper replacemen "method" for
> `own_lang'. Is this the case?
>
> I mean: depending on the Babel language, variables must or must not be
> prefixed by a $ sign to be replaced in the code block. For example, in
Emacs
> Lisp, you won't prefix vars with $.
>
> Maybe have a look at `sh' or `sql' Babel languages for inspiration.
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

Thank you very much!!!

I've just adapted the SQL expand variable function in ob-sql.el to my
language and it works perfectly!

Best regards.

Roland.