* Org-mode won't let me export via markdown
@ 2013-05-28  1:13 Avery Chan
From: Avery Chan @ 2013-05-28  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

First, thanks to everyone who contributes to org-mode. I find it very
useful.

When I select export as markdown, I get an error:

  Quit [2 times] not: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

I've posted a backtrace in the debugger to here:
http://pastebin.com/UAAund8M Emacs: 24.3.50.1 Org-mode: 8.0.3

I've edited my .emacs appropriately to load the md exporter
backend. As a sidenote, it would be nice to put into the documentation
that there needs to be some configuration to get markdown export to
work. I was confused for a while why I didn't see the markdown
options.

* Re: Org-mode won't let me export via markdown [BUG]
@ 2013-05-28  1:31 ` Avery Chan
From: Avery Chan @ 2013-05-28  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

After some futzing with the source org file, it's clear that having a
"_TEXT_ "(where '_' denotes an underline), is incompatible with
the md-export parser. Upon removing the offending token, the
md-exporter works as expected.

I'd be happy to provide my org source file to an org-mode developer for testing.

* Re: Org-mode won't let me export via markdown [BUG]
@ 2013-05-28  8:50   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-05-28  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Avery Chan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Avery Chan <avery@ootbdev.com> writes:

> After some futzing with the source org file, it's clear that having a
> "_TEXT_ "(where '_' denotes an underline), is incompatible with
> the md-export parser. Upon removing the offending token, the
> md-exporter works as expected.

It should be fixed in maint. Thank you for reporting the problem.

Nicolas Goaziou