* Org-Agenda uses wrong date for start of daylight savings
@ 2013-03-13  8:44 Bostjan Vilfan
From: Bostjan Vilfan @ 2013-03-13  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
I've noticed that my orgmode installation (7.9.1) uses the wrong date for the
start of daylight savings. The emacs manual lists that in this case one should
change the values of calendar-daylight-savings-starts and
calendar-daylight-savings-ends variables. I tried it, but it doesn't have any
effect. Can somebody tell me how to make emacs/orgmode use the European daylight
savings time?
Regards,
Bostjan

* Re: Org-Agenda uses wrong date for start of daylight savings
@ 2013-03-13  8:50 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-13  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bostjan Vilfan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bostjan,

Bostjan Vilfan <bostjanv@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> I've noticed that my orgmode installation (7.9.1) uses the wrong date for the
> start of daylight savings. The emacs manual lists that in this case one should
> change the values of calendar-daylight-savings-starts and
> calendar-daylight-savings-ends variables. I tried it, but it doesn't have any
> effect. Can somebody tell me how to make emacs/orgmode use the European daylight
> savings time?

Can you show the code you used to change the value of
`calendar-daylight-savings-starts'?

 Bastien

* Org-Agenda uses wrong date for start of daylight savings
@ 2013-03-13  9:32 Bostjan Vilfan
From: Bostjan Vilfan @ 2013-03-13  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,
Thanks for your reply. I made the assignments in my init.el
file, as follows:

(load "utilvilf")  ; frame parameters, font
(load "cal-dst") ; I noticed that cal-dst was not initially loaded

(setq calendar-daylight-savings-starts '(bv-calendar-dst-starts year))
(setq calendar-daylight-savings-ends '(bv-calendar-dst-ends year))
(setq calendar-daylight-time-offset 60)
(setq calendar-daylight-savings-starts-time 180)
(setq calendar-daylight-savings-ends-time 180)

The two functions, bv-calendar-dst-starts and
bv-calendar-dst-ends are defined in utilvilf (see above)
as follows:

(defun bv-calendar-dst-starts (year) "Daylight Savings Start"
  (calendar-nth-named-day -1 0 3 year)
)

(defun bv-calendar-dst-ends (year) "Daylight Savings End"
  (calendar-nth-named-day -1 0 10 year)
)

when I tested the two functions, they give the correct
answer for the year 2013: (3 31 2013) and (10 27 2013)

@ 2013-03-13  9:58   ` Bostjan Vilfan
From: Bostjan Vilfan @ 2013-03-13  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Bostjan Vilfan

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:
> Hi Bostjan,
>
> Bostjan Vilfan <bostjanv@alum.mit.edu> writes:
>
>> I've noticed that my orgmode installation (7.9.1) uses the wrong date for the
>> start of daylight savings. The emacs manual lists that in this case one should
>> change the values of calendar-daylight-savings-starts and
>> calendar-daylight-savings-ends variables. I tried it, but it doesn't have any
>> effect. Can somebody tell me how to make emacs/orgmode use the European daylight
>> savings time?
>
> Can you show the code you used to change the value of
> `calendar-daylight-savings-starts'?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
>  Bastien

Thanks for your reply. I made the assignments in my init.el
file, as follows:

(load "utilvilf")  ; frame parameters, font
(load "cal-dst") ; I noticed that cal-dst was not initially loaded

(setq calendar-daylight-savings-starts '(bv-calendar-dst-starts year))
(setq calendar-daylight-savings-ends '(bv-calendar-dst-ends year))
(setq calendar-daylight-time-offset 60)
(setq calendar-daylight-savings-starts-time 180)
(setq calendar-daylight-savings-ends-time 180)

The two functions, bv-calendar-dst-starts and
bv-calendar-dst-ends are defined in utilvilf (see above)
as follows:

(defun bv-calendar-dst-starts (year) "Daylight Savings Start"
  (calendar-nth-named-day -1 0 3 year)
)

(defun bv-calendar-dst-ends (year) "Daylight Savings End"
  (calendar-nth-named-day -1 0 10 year)
)

when I tested the two functions, they give the correct
answer for the year 2013: (3 31 2013) and (10 27 2013)

Regards,
Bostjan
PS Your may have received a duplicate of this mail since I first tried
to send it via the web page, but it seems to be taking quite long
--
**********************************
Bostjan Vilfan

Contact data: