* :wrap behaviour
@ 2013-02-28  8:39 Mike Gauland
From: Mike Gauland @ 2013-02-28  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've been using the :wrap parameter extensively, to give me control over the
formatting of results from code blocks.  For files with many such blocks, it
makes sense to specify the formatting at the file level. This works well, unless
I want a particular block to be unwrapped. Just specifying :wrap with no
parameter wraps the output in #+BEGIN_RESULTS...#+END_RESULTS, which is *not*
what I want. The only way to get what I want is to move :wrap from the file
level to each block I *do* want wrapped.

I'd like to be able to disable wrapping for particular blocks. I've started
experimenting with code to do that, but I'm not sure what the best behaviour
should be, and would appreciate suggestions.

Some ideas I've considered:
  + Have :wrap by itself disable wrapping; if you want to wrap in
    BEGIN_RESULTS..END_RESULTS you'll have to specify :wrap RESULTS.
  + Use a special string (e.g., :wrap off) to disable wrapping. Of course,
    this makes it impossible to wrap your output in a BEGIN_OFF..END_OFF block,
    should you ever want to do that.
  + Use a special symbol instead of a string to turn off wrapping (e.g., :wrap
    :off)

Kind Regards,
Mike Gauland

* Re: :wrap behaviour
@ 2013-02-28 10:32 ` Tom Regner
From: Tom Regner @ 2013-02-28 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Gauland, emacs-orgmode

Mike Gauland <mikelygee@no8wireless.co.nz> schrieb:

>I've been using the :wrap parameter extensively, to give me control
>over the
>formatting of results from code blocks.  For files with many such
>blocks, it
>makes sense to specify the formatting at the file level. This works
>well, unless
>I want a particular block to be unwrapped. Just specifying :wrap with
>no
>parameter wraps the output in #+BEGIN_RESULTS...#+END_RESULTS, which is
>*not*
>what I want. The only way to get what I want is to move :wrap from the
>file
>level to each block I *do* want wrapped.
>
>I'd like to be able to disable wrapping for particular blocks. I've
>started
>experimenting with code to do that, but I'm not sure what the best
>behaviour
>should be, and would appreciate suggestions.
>
>Some ideas I've considered:
>  + Have :wrap by itself disable wrapping; if you want to wrap in
>    BEGIN_RESULTS..END_RESULTS you'll have to specify :wrap RESULTS.
>+ Use a special string (e.g., :wrap off) to disable wrapping. Of
>course,
>this makes it impossible to wrap your output in a BEGIN_OFF..END_OFF
>block,
>    should you ever want to do that.
>+ Use a special symbol instead of a string to turn off wrapping (e.g.,
>:wrap
>    :off)
>
>Kind Regards,
>Mike Gauland

Hi,

I'd suggest: nowrap

regards
Tom
--
http://www.tomsdiner.de
xmpp: tom@goochesa.de

* Re: :wrap behaviour
@ 2013-02-28 20:47   ` Michael Gauland
From: Michael Gauland @ 2013-02-28 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Tom Regner <tom <at> goochesa.de> writes:

> I'd suggest: nowrap
>
> regards
> Tom

That inspires another idea: specifying :nowrap to turn off wrapping for the
block. Thus,

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :nowrap

would not be wrapped, even if :wrap were set at a higher level.