* org-babel and emacs init
@ 2010-01-25  8:43 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2010-01-25  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

What approach have you taken to loading multiple files using the
org-babel method?

The example on the babel page searches out all org files and then
untangles the elisp snippets and rewrites files with a .el extensions

But how to order  this or how best to load /decode/execute at run time
in say an autoload or eval after load? Simply call org-babel-load-file
instead of require?

e.g say I wanted to keep my (typically large) .gnus.el file as an org
file. How best to deal with that? Currently I have an eval after load
with all the code in that used to be in my .gnus.el in my
emacs-init.org. Other approaches?

Would there be a way to get the load system to check for an org file
first and call org-babel-load-file?

Should possibly writing the org file auto create the .el file? Or is
that best left to load time?

Any opinions or discussions/pointers appreciated.

regards,

r.

* org-babel and emacs init
@ 2010-06-28 17:22 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2010-06-28 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Firstly  : Carsten and Eric I emailed you privately as I had no news
access - pls ignore. Problem solved.

With the latest git pull for org-mode I couldn't start my emacs because
my init files are org files untangled using babel. Here is an updated
init.el which which uses the new names and pulls in  ob-tangle.

(setq dotfiles-dir (file-name-directory (or (buffer-file-name) load-file-name)))

(let* ((org-dir (expand-file-name
                 "lisp" (expand-file-name
                         "org-mode" dotfiles-dir)))
       (org-contrib-dir (expand-file-name
                         "lisp" (expand-file-name
				 "contrib" (expand-file-name
                                            ".." org-dir))))
       (load-path (append (list org-dir org-contrib-dir (concat org-dir "/babel"))
                          (or load-path nil))))
  (message "%s" org-dir)
  ;; load up Org-mode and Org-babel
  (require 'org-install)