* How to list tasks and their completion dates?
@ 2008-06-19 19:32 Edi Hance
From: Edi Hance @ 2008-06-19 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

First, let me pass on my thanks for org-mode.  It seems to be a great way to
manage tasks using Emacs.

How can I get a list of completed tasks and their completion dates?  I've
combed the Info docs and the web and could not find how to do it.  I would
like something like C-c a a l, but that only shows me the completed tasks
for each day.  Is there anyway to get a nice sorted list like:

CategoryA:   DONE   Add xyz to the fobnitz   <2008-06-10>
CategoryB:   DONE   Fix foo in bar program   <2008-06-12>

Any ideas?  I'm using Org-mode version 4.67c, which is included with GNU
Emacs 22.2.1.  Thanks very much.

Edi

* Re: How to list tasks and their completion dates?
@ 2008-06-20 11:53 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-06-20 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edi Hance; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Edi,

there is no good way right not to make this list.

- Carsten

@ 2008-06-20 11:58 ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2008-06-20 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edi Hance; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

  On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Edi Hance wrote:

  > How can I get a list of completed tasks and their
  > completion dates?  I've combed the Info docs and the
  > web and could not find how to do it.  I would like
  > something like C-c a a l, but that only shows me the
  > completed tasks for each day.  Is there anyway to get a
  > nice sorted list like:
  >
  > CategoryA:   DONE   Add xyz to the fobnitz   <2008-06-10>
  > CategoryB:   DONE   Fix foo in bar program   <2008-06-12>

Set up column view with CLOSED.  May be llike so:

(setq org-columns-default-format "%65ITEM(Task) %CLOSED")

Then try `C-c a T', input `DONE' at the prompt.  It should
list DONE tasks.  Switch to column view with 'C-c C-x C-c'.
I think it kinda does what you want.

  > Any ideas?  I'm using Org-mode version 4.67c, which is
  > included with GNU Emacs 22.2.1.  Thanks very much.

6.05b has been released.

HTH,
-- Manish

* Re: How to list tasks and their completion dates?
@ 2008-06-20 12:01   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-06-20 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manish; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Edi Hance

Wow, Manish, you beat me to this one.  Great.

- Carsten

@ 2008-06-20 12:19     ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2008-06-20 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Edi Hance

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Wow, Manish, you beat me to this one.  Great.

Thank YOU for the ever malleable Org.

Personally, I have come to believe that anything is possible with
Org and whatever can not be done (at present) can be
implemented/worked around.

-- Manish