* Possible? Markdown-syntax for links in org-mode
@ 2006-12-01 19:49 Phil
From: Phil @ 2006-12-01 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

From: Phil @ 2006-12-01 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Re: Possible? Markdown-syntax for links in org-mode
@ 2006-12-04 10:52 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-12-04 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Phil,

this is currently not possible.

I guess my solution would be to create a special command to insert
links, similar to C-c C-l in org-mode.  If you then bind this function
also to C-c C-l in whatever mode you are using for writing markdown,
this command would prompt you for link and description just like the
Org-mode command, but then insert the markdown syntax into the buffer.

Something like:

(defun my-insert-markdown-link (link description title)
   "Insert a markdown link."
   (interactive "sLink: \nsDescription: \nsTitle: ")
   (if (string-match "\\S-" title)
       ;; we do have a non-empty title
       (insert (format "[%s](%s \"%s\")" description link title))
     (insert (format "[%s](%s)" description link))))

(add-hook 'my-markdown-mode-hook
           (lambda ()
             (define-key (current-local-map) "\C-c\C-l"
               'my-insert-markdown-link)))

"my-markdown-mode-hook" must be the correct hook for the mode you are
using.

Hope this helps.

- Carsten

On Dec 1, 2006, at 20:49, Phil wrote: