* Where does headline data end for the purpose of `org-adapt-indentation´ == ´headline-data
@ 2023-06-08 10:46 Farblos
From: Farblos @ 2023-06-08 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I like the idea of org-adapt-indentation being ´headline-data:

   When this variable is set to ‘headline-data’, Org only adapts the
   indentation of the data lines right below the headline, such as
   planning/clock lines and property/logbook drawers.

However, I find the resulting indentation behavior confusing.  Before
reporting bugs, I'd like to know where the headline data ends.  I'd
expect that the first blank (or whitespace-only?) line after a headline
would end the headline data.

Below are some examples where to I think headline data expands ("<=="
pointing to point, underscore indicating trailing blanks).  Probably
somebody could correct or confirm.

Thanks!

** Headline 1
<== in headline data ==

** Headline 2
    :properties:
    <== in headline data ==

** Headline 3
    :properties:
    :custom_id: foo
    :end:
    :logbook:
    clock: [2023-06-08 Thu 12:34]--[2023-06-08 Thu 12:36] =>  0:02
    :end:
    <== in headline data ==

** Headline 4
    :properties:

<== out of headline data

** Headline 5
    :properties:
___
<== out of headline data (previous line containing three blanks)