* indention spacing
@ 2008-01-10 17:51 Eric Holbrook
From: Eric Holbrook @ 2008-01-10 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to find a way to increase the indentation between levels of
hierarchy in org-mode. In other words, i'd like to have indentation of
3 or 4 spaces instead of the standard 1 space. I'm color blind, and
the colors don't help my eyes pick out levels of hierarchy very
well. If i could do this, then i could do org-hide-leading-stars and
get rid of that line noise, too.

Where i see this:

* THERMAL
** Potential Bugs
*** Counting Difference, Rob v. Tahsin
    Rob will file bug on self.
*** Multiple Drivers
** Known Bugs
*** Bandwidth issue

I'd like to see something like this:

  THERMAL
      Potential Bugs
          Counting Difference, Rob v. Tahsin
          Rob will file bug on self.
          Multiple Drivers
      Known Bugs
          Bandwidth issue

thanks,
Eric

* Re: indention spacing
@ 2008-01-12 22:59 ` Eddward DeVilla
From: Eddward DeVilla @ 2008-01-12 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Holbrook; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

There is an option that you can put in the orgfile on a per-buffer
basis and an option in customize that can bump the indent to 2.  I
don't believe there is more than than.  I run with an indent of 2.  It
work well.  The the buffer you can put '#+STARTUP: odd'.  You can look
at section "14.5 A cleaner outline view" in the manual for more info.
It don't remember the name of the customize option, but you can
probably browse those options pretty easily in the Org menu.

Edd