From: "Eddward DeVilla" <eddward@gmail.com>
To: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: table bug and SCHEDULED: issue
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:41:19 -0600	[thread overview]

On 11/21/06, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2006, at 17:49, Eddward DeVilla wrote:
> Well, there is possibility that this might have worked, but I am not
> convinced.
> For me, if I use this file, I do get an entry "quick info" on November
> 2 in
> my agenda, I don't understand why you don't.  The reason why it is in
> the agenda is the naked time stamp, and has nothing to do with the
> SCHEDULED keyword.  Thats why this entry shows up only on the day and
> is not forwarded like a scheduled item would be.
>
> Why are you not using:
>
> * quick info
>   |-----------------------------|
>   | Blah Blah blah              |
>   | SCHEDULED: <2006-11-02 Thu> |
>   | DEADLINE:                   |
>   |-----------------------------|
>
> then this item would really be scheduled for this date.

I forgot about the naked timestamps.  That's why it probably worked on
the day I first tested it.  The table just grew into what it is.  I
originally had for each project something like

* WORKING [/] Some project                    :product1:
*** Quick info
    |-------------------------+-------------------|
    | problem report          | 123               |
    | release                 | v4r5m6            |
    | estimate                | 2 weeks           |
    |-------------------------+-------------------|
    | start date              | [date]            |
    | base code complete      | [date]            |
    | secondary code complete |                   |
    | testing complete        |                   |
    |-------------------------+-------------------|
    | toolset level           | 10.3              |
    | build environment setup | <build setup cmd> |
    |-------------------------+-------------------|

*** status ...

*** [/] investigation ...

*** [/] steps ...

*** [/] secondary steps ...

*** [/] testing ...

As I've started using agenda I've begun to look into using active
dates and the scheduling keywords.  I was trying to replace "start
date" with SCHEDULE: and I apparently fooled myself into thinking it
worked once.  :-)  I'll probably just move the scheduling keywords
under the project heading.

Also, I tried to recreate the bug with undo in the table on cygwin.
It doesn't happen there.  It also hasn't been 100% re-creatable today
on the original system.  Unless someone else sees it, I would waste
much time on it.  If I see it again I'll see if I can narrow it down.
Sorry.

Edd