* Citation bug with basic and nb style: no matching number on bibliographic entry
@ 2023-11-27 23:44 William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2023-11-27 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying citations with the basic processor, and have found what seems to be a
problem with the "nb" (numeric) style: the citation has a number, but it's not
matched to anything in the bibliography.

Try this as Basic.bib:

@book{chassellIntro,
   title = {An Introduction to Programming in {{Emacs Lisp}}},
   author = {Chassell, Robert},
   date = {2023},
   publisher = {{GNU Press}},
   location = {Boston},
   isbn = {1-882114-43-4},
   url = {https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/eintr.html},
   keywords = {emacs}
}

And this as basic.org:

# ----------

#+bibliography: Basic.bib

#+cite_export: basic

Emacs comes with a guide to learning Emacs Lisp [cite/nb:@chassellIntro].

* Bibliography

#+print_bibliography:

# ----------

Exporting to PDF, the citation becomes (1), but there's no matching number in
the bibliography, so the citation and the source are not connected.  You can't
connect (1) to Chassell, Robert.  (Using two sources doesn't make numbers
suddenly appear.)

Using the CSL processor and the IEEE style (the sort of style on which I assume
the basic nb style is based) the citation is [1] and the book is listed as [1]
in the bibliography.

Bill

--
William Denton
https://www.miskatonic.org/

* Re: Citation bug with basic and nb style: no matching number on bibliographic entry
@ 2023-11-28  4:01 ` William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2023-11-28  4:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode