From: Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Mail files in org
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:45:38 +0200	[thread overview]

Russell Adams <RLAdams@AdamsInfoServ.Com> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 05:10:46PM +0200, Richard G Riley wrote:
>>
>> This already works if you use Gnus.
>
> I adore emacs, but I haven't been sold into it for mail. I used Pine a
> decade ago, and moved to Mutt. I like its interface and maildir
> support.

Gnus supports maildir too although recently I moved to an IMAP server
which accesses the maildir format created with procmail on my mail
server.

I did use Mutt for a while but being an emacs user I took the plunge and
went Gnus and never looked back. All the things you are familiar with
integrate nicely (flyspell, org-mode etc). And, of course, Gnus merges
the concept of usenet and email which is great when you get it all
sorted out and configured to your liking. But now its starting to sound
like I am pimping  Gnus. But as an emacs user I would recommend you take
the plunge again and retry Gnus.

> I haven't compared it to Gnus in a while, but I'd prefer to just link
> to a message than change clients.

:-;