* how to omit section numbers from theindex.html when publishing a project
@ 2023-02-22 15:20 Christopher W. Ryan
From: Christopher W. Ryan @ 2023-02-22 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Well, my IT department did some major damage to my computer system, and
now the output of publishing a project (my only one) to html is
different. Specifically, the numbers next to each alphabetical letter in
theindex.html are shown, whereas before they were not. I can't recall if
this is some sort of setting that I changed once and now need to change
back. How can I prevent thos numbers from appearing in theindex.html,
but still have them appear in the main document for which theindex.html
is the index?

Emacs 26.2 on Windows 10 professional.

Relevant portion of .emacs:

;; Projects and publishing
;;
(setq org-publish-project-alist
      '(("CaseInvestigationTrainingAndReferenceManual"
         :base-directory
"E:/DATA/BCHD/CD/ChinaCoronavirus2019/CommCare/TrainRef/"
         :publishing-directory
"E:/DATA/BCHD/CD/ChinaCoronavirus2019/CommCare/TrainRef/StagingArea"
	 :publishing-function org-html-publish-to-html
	 :base-extension org
	 :makeindex t)))

Thanks.

--Chris Ryan

* Re: how to omit section numbers from theindex.html when publishing a project
@ 2023-04-13 12:52 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-04-13 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher W. Ryan; +Cc: orgmode

"Christopher W. Ryan" <cryan@binghamton.edu> writes:

> Well, my IT department did some major damage to my computer system, and
> now the output of publishing a project (my only one) to html is
> different. Specifically, the numbers next to each alphabetical letter in
> theindex.html are shown, whereas before they were not. I can't recall if
> this is some sort of setting that I changed once and now need to change
> back. How can I prevent thos numbers from appearing in theindex.html,
> but still have them appear in the main document for which theindex.html
> is the index?

It would help if you provided more detailed demonstration about what you
expected to happen and what happened. See
https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,