* High CPU with org-set-tags-command in org-capture buffer
@ 2023-08-16 17:31 Derek Chen-Becker
From: Derek Chen-Becker @ 2023-08-16 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Hi, I recently upgrade to Emacs 29.1 and I also pulled the latest org
(commit cc435cba7), and I just noticed that when I'm in an org capture
buffer and try to execute org-set-tags-command, the CPU goes to 100% and
just seems to stay there (I gave up and hit ctrl-G after a couple of
minutes). The same command works fine outside of a capture buffer. It looks
like a duplicate of what was reported in
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2023-05/msg00402.html. Am
I correct that this is unresolved/unreproducible by others? If so, I'll see
if I can get a minimal repro.

Thanks,

Derek

| Derek Chen-Becker                                             |
| GPG Key available at https://keybase.io/dchenbecker and       |
| https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=derek%40chen-becker.org |
| Fngrprnt: EB8A 6480 F0A3 C8EB C1E7  7F42 AFC5 AFEE 96E4 6ACC  |

* Re: High CPU with org-set-tags-command in org-capture buffer
@ 2023-08-16 17:37 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-08-16 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Derek Chen-Becker; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode

Derek Chen-Becker <derek@chen-becker.org> writes:

> ... It looks
> like a duplicate of what was reported in
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2023-05/msg00402.html.

Hard to say, because I was not able to reproduce.

> ... Am
> I correct that this is unresolved/unreproducible by others? If so, I'll see
> if I can get a minimal repro.

That would be nice. I cannot help without being able to see the problem.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: High CPU with org-set-tags-command in org-capture buffer
@ 2023-08-16 20:25 ` Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2023-08-16 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Aug 16, 2023 at 11:31:10AM -0600, Derek Chen-Becker wrote:
> Hi, I recently upgrade to Emacs 29.1 and I also pulled the latest org
> (commit cc435cba7), and I just noticed that when I'm in an org capture
> buffer and try to execute org-set-tags-command, the CPU goes to 100% and
> just seems to stay there (I gave up and hit ctrl-G after a couple of
> minutes). The same command works fine outside of a capture buffer. It looks
> like a duplicate of what was reported in
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2023-05/msg00402.html. Am
> I correct that this is unresolved/unreproducible by others? If so, I'll see
> if I can get a minimal repro.

Are you running Helm? I think it does a full inventory of the file to
find tags to present to you to pick.

                                    https://www.adamsinfoserv.com/

* Re: High CPU with org-set-tags-command in org-capture buffer
@ 2023-09-15 17:26   ` Derek Chen-Becker
From: Derek Chen-Becker @ 2023-09-15 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ihor Radchenko; +Cc: Emacs-orgmode