* [ANN] Org-collection - (experimental) global minor mode
@ 2020-08-18 23:51 Gustav Wikström
From: Gustav Wikström @ 2020-08-18 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi there,

Just wanted to mention that there’s an embryo at https://github.com/Whil-/org-collection for de-globalizing your org mode setup into collections. For those interested in that.

This relates to: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2019-12/msg00215.html

It’s hasn’t turned out exactly like I envisioned it. Not yet anyways. But it has allowed me to define multiple sets of Org mode configurations that I can work with in parallel. I.e. multiple agenda definitions, TODO-keyword definitions, etc. etc.

Documentation is sparse but code is fortunately quite concise and hopefully readable. I’m not sure where exactly to take this next, but thought to share it with the list anyhow.

Caveat: I’ve used hooks that are quite new and only available in Emacs 27.1. Luckily that version was “officially” released a few days ago.

Final remark: I’m writing embryo above, but this is currently working in my local setup(s). So maybe it’s a bit more than an embryo.

Kind regards, and take care
Gustav