* Tutorial on Remember mode
@ 2008-07-27  8:18 OldThunderbird
From: OldThunderbird @ 2008-07-27  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have written a tutorial on how I use Remember mode at my
office and home. I have included Lisp code and screen shots to
illustrate the article.

Naturally, I wrote the artice in org-mode and published it
to HTML.

The link is
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/remember.html

Comments and feedback welcome!

Charles

* Re: Tutorial on Remember mode
@ 2008-07-27 10:43 ` Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2008-07-27 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OldThunderbird; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Your notes prompted me to add the tags prompt into my templates - thanks
for that. But something strange. I have a template thus:

	      (?e "* %T %^{Title} %^g\n %i%?\n %a\n" "emacs.org"
	      "Emacs")

What happens is that when entering the note I see the template tags
(boxquoted)

,----
| * <2008-07-27 Sun 12:37>  %^g
|  %?
`----

when being prompted for "Title" in the minibuffer - is this as designed?

@ 2008-07-27 15:12   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-07-27 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard G Riley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, OldThunderbird

On Jul 27, 2008, at 3:43 AM, Richard G Riley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Your notes prompted me to add the tags prompt into my templates -
> thanks
> for that. But something strange. I have a template thus:
>
> 	      (?e "* %T %^{Title} %^g\n %i%?\n %a\n" "emacs.org"
> 	      "Emacs")
>
> What happens is that when entering the note I see the template tags
> (boxquoted)
>
> ,----
> | * <2008-07-27 Sun 12:37>  %^g
> |  %?
> `----
>
> when being prompted for "Title" in the minibuffer - is this as
> designed?

Yes.  Org-mode insterts the template and then walks through
the template to fill in all escape sequences.  If ou have several
prompts,
you will see intermediate steps.

- Carsten