* Problems using longlines-mode with tables in org-mode
@ 2008-07-21  2:53 RC
From: RC @ 2008-07-21  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
 I tried using long-lines mode in org-mode 6.06pre01 in Enacs 22 and 23
(emacs-snapshot) on Ubuntu 8.04 (64 bit), by adding to my .emacs file:
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'longlines-mode)

However, I am unable to edit tables in org-mode. Hitting TAB causes multiple
rows to collapse into in a single line...

I don't have fill-mode activated in org-mode as I would like to set soft
line-wrapping that adjusts to window size by:
;(add-hook 'org-mode-hook (lambda ()
 (setq longlines-wrap-follows-window-size t)))

Is it possible to use longlines-mode with tables in org-mode?
Thanks for your assistance.
Recif

* Re: Problems using longlines-mode with tables in org-mode
@ 2008-07-25 14:40 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-07-25 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: RC; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Unfortunately, I d not know enough about the internals of longlines to
fix this.  With TAB, Org rewrites the entire table, probably inserting
soft newlines.  Maybe a solution would be to use font lock to make the
newline in each table line hard....?

- Carsten