* up/down in tables
@ 2007-12-30 18:38 Scott Otterson
From: Scott Otterson @ 2007-12-30 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I have the cursor in the middle of table and press the up or down
key, the cursor moves up or down as expected, but it also goes to the
left hand of the screen -- cumbersome when navigating wide tables,
because you have to right-arrow back to the original column, if you can
remember which column that was.

Is there a bugfix or a .emacs hack that would make the up/down keys keep
the cursor in the original table column?

Thanks,

Scott

* Re: up/down in tables
@ 2007-12-31  3:22 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2007-12-31  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Otterson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Scott Otterson <scotto@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> When I have the cursor in the middle of table and press the up or down
> key, the cursor moves up or down as expected, but it also goes to the
> left hand of the screen -- cumbersome when navigating wide tables,
> because you have to right-arrow back to the original column, if you
> can remember which column that was.
>
> Is there a bugfix or a .emacs hack that would make the up/down keys
> keep the cursor in the original table column?

I can't reproduce this on

  GNU Emacs 22.1.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.11)
  Org-mode version 5.15a

Nick

* Re: up/down in tables
@ 2007-12-31  5:46   ` Scott Otterson