From: Dirk Scharff <dirk.scharff@googlemail.com>
To: Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: problems with org-edit-special and python
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:58:08 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Bastien,

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> Hi Dirk,
>
> Dirk Scharff <dirk.scharff@googlemail.com> writes:
>
> > When I try to run org-edit-special (C-c ') in the python source block an
> > empty buffer is opened as expected. My mini-buffer states the following:
> > "Language mode 'python-mode' fails with: "Invalid file-name".
>
> I cannot reproduce this with Emacs 24.0.50.1 and Org 7.6.
>
> I guess this is a problem with your version of Emacs -- can
> you tell us what version do you use?

I use Emacs 24.0.50 and Orgmode 7.6 (from git repository as of yesterday)
and the python setup package from
http://gabrielelanaro.github.com/emacs-for-python/ . I used this to quickly
enable me to continue working on my thesis (involving some python coding),
while migrating to emacs.
I played around with this issue again today and found out, that it doesn't
happen if i comment out the initialization of the python setup i mentioned
in my .emacs . So I guess its some incompatibility introduced in this
package. I think I'll abandon the package and create my own setup when I
find the time to do it.

I guess this issue doesn't have anything to do with org-mode after all, I'm
sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused.

regards,
Dirk.