* Auto-filling in org-mode without affecting the headlines
@ 2017-09-10 17:35 Narendra Joshi
From: Narendra Joshi @ 2017-09-10 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I would like to have auto-fill enabled in org-mode but would like to
prevent headings from being auto-filled. Is something available in
org-mode that would allow me to do this?

Narendra Joshi

* Re: Auto-filling in org-mode without affecting the headlines
@ 2017-09-10 18:51 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-09-10 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Narendra Joshi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Narendra Joshi <narendraj9@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to have auto-fill enabled in org-mode but would like to
> prevent headings from being auto-filled. Is something available in
> org-mode that would allow me to do this?

Auto-fill doesn't fill headlines. Something may be wrong in your
configuration.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Auto-filling in org-mode without affecting the headlines
@ 2017-09-10 19:52 ` Richard Lawrence
From: Richard Lawrence @ 2017-09-10 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Narendra Joshi, emacs-orgmode

Hi Narendra,

Narendra Joshi <narendraj9@gmail.com> writes:

> I would like to have auto-fill enabled in org-mode but would
> like to prevent headings from being auto-filled. Is something
> available in org-mode that would allow me to do this?

I have used auto-fill-mode in Org buffers for quite a while now
without any problems, and a quick test on my end shows that long
headings don't get auto-filled.  Are you having problems with
this?  If so, what version of Org and Emacs are you using?   --
Best,
Richard

* Re: Auto-filling in org-mode without affecting the headlines
@ 2017-09-10 20:24   ` Narendra Joshi
From: Narendra Joshi @ 2017-09-10 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Lawrence; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I tried with emacs -Q and was able to reproduce the problem.

```
(~) λ emacs-version
GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2017-08-07
(~) λ org-version
9.0.9
(~) λ