* Warning (initialization): Your `load-path' seems to contain your `.emacs.d' directory
@ 2013-12-18 19:27 Paul Harper
From: Paul Harper @ 2013-12-18 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am an emacs and org-mode newbie. I am mainly coming to Emacs for
Org-Mode. So am using Eric Schulte's Emacs Starter Kit 24. I put this in
.emacs.d. It is suggested in the kit "Move the resulting directory to
~/.emacs.d " <http://eschulte.github.io/emacs24-starter-kit/#fn.1>

http://eschulte.github.io/emacs24-starter-kit/

When I start Emacs I get the following error.

"Warning (initialization): Your `load-path' seems to contain
your `.emacs.d' directory: /home/username/.emacs.d/
This is likely to cause problems...
Consider using a subdirectory instead, e.g.: /home/username/.emacs.d/lisp"

I am uncertain how I should proceed now. I suspect this will be a common
problem for new people. How should I setup the Emacs Starter Kit? Move the
whole kit to /home/username/.emacs.d/lisp ? Put the init.el in .emacs.d?

Regards,

Paul Harper

--
about.me/pauljamesharper

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and
get used to the idea."

Robert Heinlein

* Re: Warning (initialization): Your `load-path' seems to contain your `.emacs.d' directory
@ 2013-12-18 19:31 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2013-12-18 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Harper; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Paul Harper <harper.paul.j@gmail.com> writes:

> "Warning (initialization): Your `load-path' seems to contain
> your `.emacs.d' directory: /home/username/.emacs.d/
> This is likely to cause problems...
> Consider using a subdirectory instead, e.g.:
> /home/username/.emacs.d/lisp"

(I know nothing about starter kit)

On a related note, this warning occurs with Emacs from bzr trunk.  The
problem surfaced in the help list.  See

    http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.help/94823

* Re: Warning (initialization): Your `load-path' seems to contain your `.emacs.d' directory
@ 2013-12-18 20:03   ` Paul Harper
From: Paul Harper @ 2013-12-18 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode