* Org links, URLs and HTML export
@ 2016-08-22 22:28 Fabrice Popineau
From: Fabrice Popineau @ 2016-08-22 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I'm puzzled by the following.
I write a couple of Org file with HTML export in mind, building a site with
several pages, say:
foo.org -> foo.html
bar.org -> bar.html
I want to insert a link in foo.org that will point to bar.html when
exported.

I can insert : [[http:bar.html]]
However, I would like to be able to insert any kind of relative url.
Specifically, there is no mean to insert something
like : [[http:/bar.html]] which is exported to <a href="http:/bar.html"></a>
The corresponding export should be <a href="/bar.html"></a>

Strangely, some browsers grok the former (Chrome), but not all of them
(Safari).
Anyway, only the later is correct.

Is there any way to fix exporting relative urls?

If I'm wrong somewhere, please correct me.

Best regards,

Fabrice

* Re: Org links, URLs and HTML export
@ 2016-08-23 16:30 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2016-08-23 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Fabrice Popineau writes:
> I can insert : [[http:bar.html]]
> However, I would like to be able to insert any kind of relative url.
> Specifically, there is no mean to insert something
> like : [[http:/bar.html]] which is exported to <a href="http:/bar.html"></a>
> The corresponding export should be <a href="/bar.html"></a>

But that's an absolute URL, provided a well-defined base URI exists (the
authority is implied and the path component starts with a slash, so it
would start in the root).

> Strangely, some browsers grok the former (Chrome), but not all of them
> (Safari).

Then Safari either has a bug or it determines the base URI differently
than Chrome.

> Anyway, only the later is correct.

I don't think so.  You might want to read

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986

specifically the part about the translation of relative URI.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Org links, URLs and HTML export
@ 2016-08-23 16:57   ` Fabrice Popineau