* Re: Bug: Infinite loop in org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks
@ 2021-05-11  1:33 Aaron Zeng
From: Aaron Zeng @ 2021-05-11  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bzg; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, abdo.haji.ali

Hi Bastien,

Unfortunately, I think this bug is still there (I also didn't see any
commits addressing it, but I could have missed it in the log
somewhere).  I tried the master branch but was still able to reproduce
the bug using `emacs -q -L ~/src/org-mode/lisp`:

After using `customize-set-variable` to enable
org-enforce-todo-checkbox-dependencies, with the following agenda
file:

    * TODO blocked task
      - [ ] checkbox

Trying to clock into the task from org-todo-list results in an infinite loop.

Thanks,
Aaron

* Bug: Infinite loop in org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks
@ 2020-08-21 20:48 Al Haji-Ali
From: Al Haji-Ali @ 2020-08-21 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On the latest release (9.3.7), I am running into an infinite loop when clocking in a blocked task if `org-enforce-todo-dependencies` is set to `t`.

The (manual) call stack is:
org-agenda-clock-in
org-agenda.el:9760 org-agenda-change-all-lines
org-agenda.el:9391 org-agenda-finalize
org-agenda.el:3879 org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks

The while loop on line 4012 is infinite in this case.
The problem is because when `org-agenda-finalize` is called, the region is narrowed to a single line. Then in `org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks` the function `(move-beginning-of-line 2)` is called to advance the point, which does not work when the buffer has a single line.

In an earlier version, the command `(forward-line)` was called which moved the point to eol when the buffer had a single line.

-- Al

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 4, x86<sub>64</sub>-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2020-08-21