From: Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com>
To: orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: evil-mode and org
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 19:03:40 +0200	[thread overview]

Eric,

You already mentioned your mappings in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-05/msg00153.html
Thanks!

Finally got myself to write a little lisp to solve my problem and mapped it
to go

For what it's worth, here it is (but it solves a very specific problem):

  (defun guivho-insert-topic-under-heading()
    "Expand heading and insert hyphen and inactive timestamp.
      Cursor is expected to be in an org header line"
    (interactive)
    (let ((sp " ")
          (hyphen "-"))
      (org-end-of-line)
      (evil-append 1)
      (org-return)
      (insert hyphen sp)
      (org-time-stamp nil t)
      (insert sp)
      (evil-force-normal-state)
      (evil-append 0)))

This now always inserts a 'dash space timestamp space' line immediately
under the current org header, whether it was collapsed or not.

Hey, it's not beautiful, but it solves my problem :)

And, to whom it may concern, org and evil make a nice combo :)

Guido