* Help needed tangling with orgmode v9
@ 2017-03-31 18:45 Guido Van Hoecke
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2017-03-31 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Hi,

I used to generate my .emacs (named emacs-guivho.el) from
emacs-guivho.org and I just realised that this no longer works since I
switched from orgmode v8 to v9 some 10 days ago.

These are the header lines I had in the org file:
#+TITLE:    Emacs config file guivho
+AUTHOR:    Guido Van Hoecke
+EMAIL:     (concat "guivho" at-sign "gmail.com")
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en
#+SEQ_TODO: TODO FIXME DOESN'T_WORK | WORKS
#+PROPERTY:  tangle emacs-guivho.el
#+PROPERTY:  padline yes
#+PROPERTY:  eval no

Somehow this does no longer work
Running org-lint indicates that these are deprecated:

    10 low   Deprecated syntax for "tangle".  Use header-args instead
    11 low   Deprecated syntax for "padline".  Use header-args instead
    12 low   Deprecated syntax for "eval".  Use header-args instead

So I changed the #+PROPERTY lines into:

#+PROPERTY:  header-args  :tangle emacs-guivho.el
#+PROPERTY:  header-args  :padline yes
#+PROPERTY:  header-args  :eval never
#+PROPERTY:  header-args  :eval no
#+PROPERTY:  header-args  :exports code

Still doesn't work though: when running org-babel-tangle it reports
Tangled 0 code blocks from emacs-guivho.org

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

--
Guido

Fourth Law of Revision:
	It is usually impractical to worry beforehand about
	interferences -- if you have none, someone will make one for you.

* Re: Help needed tangling with orgmode v9
@ 2017-03-31 18:58 ` Bruce V Chiarelli
From: Bruce V Chiarelli @ 2017-03-31 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Guido Van Hoecke <guivho@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,

Hi there,

> So I changed the #+PROPERTY lines into:
>
> #+PROPERTY:  header-args  :tangle emacs-guivho.el
> #+PROPERTY:  header-args  :padline yes
> #+PROPERTY:  header-args  :eval never
> #+PROPERTY:  header-args  :eval no
> #+PROPERTY:  header-args  :exports code

Just had the same problem myself not too long ago. It should be

#+PROPERTY:  header-args   :tangle emacs-guivho.el
#+PROPERTY:  header-args+  :padline yes
#+PROPERTY:  header-args+  :eval never
#+PROPERTY:  header-args+  :eval no
#+PROPERTY:  header-args+  :exports code

Be sure also to hit C-c somewhere in the header after updating them too,
so that Org is aware of the change.

Bruce Chiarelli

* Re: Help needed tangling with orgmode v9
@ 2017-03-31 19:15   ` Guido Van Hoecke
From: Guido Van Hoecke @ 2017-03-31 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode