* feature request/discussion: org-forms
@ 2013-12-05 23:05 khaije rock
From: khaije rock @ 2013-12-05 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I've found on some occasions that I wish for the ability to simply export
my org-mode notes, (procedural instructions, status/inventory tables, work
log)  into a simple fill-able form, (w/ content derived from the enclosed
content and properties), and either print it or record inputs directly
through the form in some organized way, (to a table perhaps) [fn:1] into
emacs.

It might operate something like a simplified Google Docs Forms [fn:2], as a
conceptual example.

Since I'm not capable to do this myself I'm not compelling anyone else to
work on it. I just wanted to see if this (1) already existed in some way,
(2) could motivate/unify any more capable interest, or (3) was something
that I could assist in bringing to existence.

Cheers,
Nick

[fn:1] org-agenda-columns is a good example upon which to model the data
presentation/interaction
[fn:2] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzgaUOW6GIs][features-demo]]

* Re: feature request/discussion: org-forms
@ 2014-01-04 14:21 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-01-04 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: khaije rock; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Khaije,

khaije rock <khaije1@gmail.com> writes:

> I've found on some occasions that I wish for the ability to simply
> export my org-mode notes, (procedural instructions, status/inventory
> tables, work log)  into a simple fill-able form, (w/ content derived
> from the enclosed content and properties), and either print it or
> record inputs directly through the form in some organized way, (to a
> table perhaps) [fn:1] into emacs.

If I understand correctly, you may want "templates" -- i.e. an entry
skeleton that you can use for inserting data.

You might be interested in yasnippet:
  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Yasnippet

For something fancier like Org entry->HTML form, I guess you'll have
to hack something together.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: feature request/discussion: org-forms
@ 2014-01-05 16:09   ` khaije rock
From: khaije rock @ 2014-01-05 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode