* Show breadcrumbs of nodes in agenda
@ 2019-07-26 10:47 Florian Lindner
From: Florian Lindner @ 2019-07-26 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

the agenda only shows the title of nodes, like:

capture:    TODO Task 1

Often, I have a structure like

* Project A
** Task 1

* Project B
** Task 1

then, I get no idea, from what project the task actually is.

Is there a way to also show the title of the parent in agenda buffer or even full breadcrumbs?

Thanks,
Florian

* Re: Show breadcrumbs of nodes in agenda
@ 2019-07-26 11:24 ` Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2019-07-26 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Lindner; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> the agenda only shows the title of nodes, like:
>
> capture:    TODO Task 1
>
> Often, I have a structure like
>
> * Project A
> ** Task 1
>
> * Project B
> ** Task 1
>
> Is there a way to also show the title of the parent in agenda buffer
> or even full breadcrumbs?

Under Project A:

C-c C-x p RET CATEGORY RET Project A or some descriptive text RET

repeat for B.

  -k.

* Re: Show breadcrumbs of nodes in agenda
@ 2019-07-26 14:04 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2019-07-26 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> the agenda only shows the title of nodes, like:
>
> capture:    TODO Task 1
>
> Often, I have a structure like
>
> * Project A
> ** Task 1
>
> * Project B
> ** Task 1
>
> then, I get no idea, from what project the task actually is.
>
> Is there a way to also show the title of the parent in agenda buffer or even full breadcrumbs?

You can use %b in the value of `org-agenda-prefix-format'.

* Re: Show breadcrumbs of nodes in agenda
@ 2019-07-26 22:23   ` Nathan Neff
From: Nathan Neff @ 2019-07-26 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Abrahamsen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode