* source block name contains "call"
@ 2017-03-18  1:06 Skip Collins
From: Skip Collins @ 2017-03-18  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

I am editing some Perl. When I export any source block that includes
the word "call" in the name, it causes the verbatim formatting to be
dropped. This happens with both html and latex exports. The problem
does not seem to be limited to Perl. A minimal example:

* foo
#+name: call_foo
#+begin_src perl
##  This is a comment
#+end_src

* bar
#+name: bar
#+begin_src perl
##  This is a comment
#+end_src

The code under the first heading is exported as normal org text,
omitting the #+name and #+begin_src lines, but including the #+end_src
line. The second heading is exported as expected, with the source
block properly formatted verbatim. The word "call" seems to be the
trigger for the bad behavior.

* Re: source block name contains "call"
@ 2017-03-18  9:36 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2017-03-18  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Skip Collins; +Cc: emacs-org list

Hello,

Skip Collins <skip.collins@gmail.com> writes:

> I am editing some Perl. When I export any source block that includes
> the word "call" in the name, it causes the verbatim formatting to be
> dropped. This happens with both html and latex exports. The problem
> does not seem to be limited to Perl. A minimal example:
>
> * foo
>
> #+name: call_foo
> #+begin_src perl
>
> ## This is a comment #+end_src
>
> * bar
>
> #+name: bar
> #+begin_src perl
>
> ##  This is a comment
> #+end_src
>
> The code under the first heading is exported as normal org text,
> omitting the #+name and #+begin_src lines, but including the #+end_src
> line. The second heading is exported as expected, with the source
> block properly formatted verbatim. The word "call" seems to be the
> trigger for the bad behavior.

This reminds me of https://www.xkcd.com/327/

Fixed. Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: source block name contains "call"
@ 2017-03-18 17:47   ` Skip Collins
From: Skip Collins @ 2017-03-18 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: emacs-org list

I actually thought of the same xkcd comic when I finally figured out
what was going on. The original name was "full_precision_recall_test".
It took some time to isolate the problem.